The Reverse Traverse trip soaks up the best of Kiwiana on this great journey from the bottom of the South to the top of the North. This trip takes in some of the most diverse scenery in the world in 15 days; visit the county's best National Parks, explore glaciers, fiords, golden sand beaches, rugged coastlines, lush subtropical forests and dramatic mountain formations. This trip offers great flexibility with start options in Christchurch or Queenstown. This is one of our top-rated tours for those with around 2 weeks in New Zealand - highlights include:
- Our top 4 National Parks: Spend time in NZs only coastal national park, Abel Tasman and view some of the most spectacular mountain scenery in Westland and Egmont national parks.
- Enjoy multi-night stops: This trip is perfectly paced to spend more time in the best spots. With extra nights in Abel Tasman and the Bay of Islands you can relax, unwind and enjoy some of the best beach scenery in the World!
- Lonely Planet's best drive in the world: This tour covers some spectacular scenery but of particular note is the wild west coast of the south island.
- Unique adventure activities: This tour is packed with adventure options - choose from skydiving, canyoning, black water rafting, glacier hiking, sailing, diving, sandboarding and paddleboarding to name a few
- Options galore for cyclists and hikers: This section of the country offers some of the most diverse landscapes and exploring them by foot or bike is ideal. We get to hidden spots off the beaten track where you can enjoy awesome vistas away from the crowds.
This trip is completely customizable
The itinerary for this trip can be customized to suit your needs from your accomodations to what gear you need for the day.
This adventure is not instantly bookable at this time.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, we recommend connecting directly to the operator via our messaging system, to create your ideal itinerary customized for your dates.