Aug 31, 2013
ÖtillÖ- 2013: Live
The Outdoor Journal
Before you read, remember this: Independent editorial isn't free. If you enjoy this article, please consider creating an account to support our journalism so we can keep going.
Considered one of the toughest races in the world, ÖtillÖ is held in Sweden annually. The Outdoor Journal brings you the live coverage of this event, straight from the Stockholm archipelago
Get ready for the adrenaline and the burn, tie your laces and check your gear. On September 2, we shall witness yet another episode of one of the most thrilling and exciting events in the world of ultra-running (Oh wait! It’s not just running- it’s running and swimming)- ÖtillÖ!
- Starts at Sandhamn Island and ends at Utö Island
- 65 kms of trail running
- 10 kms of open water swimming
- Water temperature between 11-14 degrees Celsius
- 24 islands to cross
- 42 changes between running and swimming
- 120 teams – 80 men, 26 mixed, 14 women
- Teams of two
- 15 Nationalities: Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Norway, Germany, Switzerland, UK, USA, S Africa, Romania, Switzerland, Belgium, France, Auatralia, Canada
(All teams here: http://www.otillo.se/teams/)